I’ve never made a cobbler before. So when I saw a very easy strawberry cobbler recipe from here , I decided to give it a try.
It’s super simple and quick. The only thing that took most of the time is to cut the strawberries 😀
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, diced
- ½-3/4 cup sugar –> I used ½ cup only
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 stick butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 F –> I put 180 degree Celcius
- In a medium bowl, add strawberries and ¾ cup sugar. –> I used ½ cup only
- Stir to coat strawberries in sugar and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Add in milk, vanilla extract and melted butter.
- Stir until combined. A few lumps are ok.
- Grease a 9-inch casserole dish.
- Pour batter evenly into dish.
- Spoon strawberries evenly on top of batter. Do NOT stir.
- Baked for 35-40 minutes or until golden.
- Serve warm or cold.
It was bit messy because the strawberries kept bubbling during the baking process. But it was SO GOOD !!
The crust part is definitely the best part ! 😀
Put some ice cream on the side. The author used vanilla ice cream, but all I got in my fridge is strawberry cheesecake flavored ice cream. But hey, it’s all good as long as it is ice cream 😀